Below is a list of our frequently asked questions. Please contact the Keys and ID office at Techserv@ucmail.uc.edu
for any additional questions.
Your first Bearcat Card is free. Replacement cards are $35 each. You can order a replacement card at REPLACEMENT BEARCAT CARD.
New students, staff, and faculty are eligible to use the online photo submission process.
To ensure your photo is accepted, you must meet the following criteria:
- Recent color photo of yourself
- Acceptable file format: .jpg file format only
- Neutral, smooth background (NO patterns, textures, or scenic backgrounds)
- Bright, even lighting
- Face straight ahead, looking directly into camera
- Centered, frontal view of full face
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the shoulders
- Eyes open and visible
- Wear prescription glasses if you normally do so (NO glare on glasses)
- NO gestures or exaggerated facial expressions
- NO hats, sunglasses or any other article that may obstruct the face or hair. Religious accommodations are made for headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; however, they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- NO other visible people or objects
- Overexposure or underexposure may render the photo unusable
All professional photos are copyright protected. Senior portraits, business portraits, or other copyright-protected images will not be accepted.
- Hats, sunglasses, or other items that obscure your face
- Glare on glasses
- Other visible people or objects in the photo
- Inappropriate expression or gestures
- Senior portraits, business portraits, or other copyright-protected images
- Photos cropped from government-issued id (e.g. driver's license)
No, once you submit your photo you do not need to take any additional action to notify us. All communications regarding the status of your ID Card will be sent to your University of Cincinnati email account. Please check your email periodically to verify the status of your submission. You should receive a response within three business days.
The ID Center will send an email to your UC email address to inform you if your photo was accepted or rejected.
Your application for an ID card will be delayed. You will receive an email indicating the reason why the photo is not acceptable and will have to either re-upload another picture or visit the card office to have your card manually produced.
Your new Bearcat Card shall be picked up at the Keys and IDs office on main campus at Four Edwards Center
51 Corry Blvd, Cincinnati, OH 45221.
No, you are the only person who may pick up your ID Card.
Yes, but you will have to stop at the Keys and ID office to get your photo taken and new ID card issued.